The Connector JPA proposes to reconstruct Grant Line Road between Mosher Road and Bradshaw Road as a four lane thoroughfare with an adjacent Class 1 bike/pedestrian trail on the west/north side of the alignment.
The Connector Segment B2 project is needed because:
- Existing roadways between the City of Elk Grove and Sacramento County are insufficient to meet existing and forecasted traffic demand;
- Existing Grant Line Road will exceed its capacity and have unacceptable levels of service due to planned and approved growth in the SACOG Blueprint, and Sacramento County and City of Elk Grove General Plans;
- Existing roadways are insufficient for local east-west circulation;
- Existing roadways are insufficient for pedestrian and bicycle traffic;
- Local streets are increasingly subject to congestion and use by nonlocal traffic;
- The area lacks multimodal transportation infrastructure, including bicycle and pedestrian facilities; and
- The project area needs an all-weather transportation facility to enable normal mobility and emergency vehicle access.
The primary purpose of the Connector B2 project is to:
- Accommodate travel demand due to planned and approved growth;
- Improve traffic operations;
- Reduce congestion;
- Enhance mobility options within the project corridor and support planned growth;
- Aid economic vitality by improving accessibility to existing and planned job centers and commercial areas;
- Provide a limited-access, multi-modal facility;
- Improve access for all modes of travel, including bicycles and pedestrians;
- Construct an all-weather transportation facility that enables normal mobility and emergency vehicle access.